13-14 Front Fenders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 13-14 Front Fenders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

I'm in the process of installing some correctly made '13 front fenders. The originals were pretty bad, but were still on the car when I tore it down. There are two cutouts for the hood clips that look like they might be correct. They are 1" diameter and a 'U" shaped. I suppose this was to give the hood clips wiggle room? Before I go cutting something out like this, I'd like to get verification from you guys. They are not noticeable when the hood boards are installed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

Larry, if you won't be able to see it with the boards on then you should be able to do what ever works best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:45 pm:

Larry,

I have not pulled a fender off the 13 yet but I think my 12 touring fender was like that. I will try to check them both and get a picture if possible for you. Below is the 12 fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 09:33 pm:

Bob:
Thanks for the picture! That is exactly what I was looking for. I can pretty much tell from my fenders that is the way they were, so tomorrow, the work begins! I understand that this cutout doesn't show, but some of us like to do stuff exactly like Ford did, whether it shows or not!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 09:59 pm:

Larry, just looked at my 13 fenders as I have the engine out and they are just like the ones on Bob's picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

Glad I can be of help. At least I must be good for something. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 11:49 pm:

That's what I'm going to be doing tomorrow. I know that Ford must have done those slots for a reason, but I don't know why. Wiggle room I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 10:27 am:

I finally cut the slots yesterday. I used a 1" chassis punch.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration