OT- ME TOO

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT- ME TOO
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 05:14 pm:

Anyone know what this is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 05:46 pm:

It's still a mystery….

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/674196.html?1473352929

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 06:18 pm:

Awfully heavy looking for a hair clasp?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:05 pm:

Gary how about some pictures of it in action. Do the sides come out? Does the screw at the top do anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Beyer on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

Did you open it up and look inside? Some part of it is adjustable or retractable. It looks like it was meant to be held between the index finger and thumb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:58 pm:

Take the screws out so we can see inside. Maybe there is a Pat. number inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:01 pm:

I wonder what it is?

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

There used to be a heavy equipment company by the name Wabco. Wonder if there is any connection. I'll bet Bud remembers Wabco. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:07 pm:

In the railroad world: Westinghouse Air Brake Co.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

Andy Rooney had one to comb his eyebrows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 05:33 am:

The upper brass spinner does nothing, just turns. The teeth don't separate when it is squeezed. I've been an aircraft mechanic, an auto mechanic and have worked on a zillion different items but this thing has me stumped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 07:08 am:

Gary, take it apart and post pictures. It must have been made to do something! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 07:43 am:

It that pot metal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 08:10 am:

The item is working perfectly and is performing as exactly as it is named...It makes everyone "Wonder"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

I assume it has something to do with stretching wire fences. Seems like every other mystery tool posted here does that, so why not this one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

Maybe it's a flat belt link crimper??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 06:15 pm:

Fifteen posts and no solution.
You blokes are slipping....LOL!!

Peter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 06:18 pm:

Wabco made an Elevating Scraper, with all electric elevator drives if I remember correctly.... but its not one of them!! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration