Car for sale: 1926 Roadster Pickup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Car for sale: 1926 Roadster Pickup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Marston on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Car is located in Long Beach, CA. Last driven late summer/early fall of 2017. This is not a true Model T pickup - vehicle was actually a roadster and pickup bed is made of wood, added by former owner. Could be converted back to a real roadster. Nice condition and ran well. Belonged to my late father W.B. "Bernie" Marston who was a member of the Orange County Model T Club. Car can be seen after Feb. 21 in Long Beach. Will consider all offers. Photo to follow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Marston on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 03:31 pm:

Some photos of dad's '26 T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 05:46 pm:

Nice looking car, Sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 06:19 pm:

Same feelings.
And welcome to the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

Sorry for your loss, John. Might I suggest you not sell it quite yet. The loss of dad is still new and painful. It looks like he put many hours and much love into that pickup. I'm afraid that you might have seller's regret with in a few years of selling it. There's some great looking kids there that might want to have a chance at driving it or owning it when they get older.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 01:55 am:

I agree with Noel, get freighter Jim to haul it to You, Drive it and relive the enjoyment Your Dad experienced. You can always sell it but you can seldom buy it back. I am Sorry for Your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 07:08 am:

I agree with Jim And Noel, hard to get a family treasure back. Sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

Pm sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard J. Davis on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:20 am:

I agree with the comments above. I fell in love with my uncles 1926 Model T in 1960, when I was six years old. I bought it from him in 2017, when he was 89. He sold it only when his doctor said he could not drive anymore. The T is in my garage; what a joy it is to drive and work on it.

Register it, learn to drive it, then decide what to do. Old cars are in demand, and good ones that are even close to original are getting scarce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 03:40 pm:

Richard - Congratulations on your new acquisition and let me be the first to welcome you to the forum as I see that this is just your third post. What a joy it must be to become the owner of a nice Model T that has been in your family for just about as long as you can remember!

It is obvious from your post that you are a very enthusiastic Model T owner. You are located sort of out in an area where there are no close chapters of MTFCA or MTFCI, but no matter. You could still become a member of a chapter and just attend functions when convenient. You might consider looking into becoming a member of our club,...The Carbon Canyon Model T Ford Club of Carbonado. Our monthly meetings are held at the Wilkeson Eagles at 10:00am the first Saturday of every month. We do occasionally have tours and activities somewhat down your way, so again, consider membership,....it's a great little club with a great bunch of "T" folks! And in case you didn't know,....there are a few other forum members in your general "neck of the woods" that we don't hear from too often, Floyd Voie near Winlock , WA. and Jim Thode near Onalaska, WA.

Anyway, if interested, Google Carbon Canyon Model T Ford Club for website, check membership roster and call me or any other member for more info,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Marston on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

First, thank you all for the kind words - dad lived a good life and passed at 94 1/2 years. He had lots of stories about buying and selling multiple Model T's prior to WWII. That said, I never caught the T bug, liking newer models and (sorry!) hot rods. I would really prefer someone here buy it, but I will be listing it on AutoTrader as well. $8000 to one of you - it will be listed at $8900 on AT. A couple more details - it has rocky mountain brakes and a Ruckstell axle. More photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Marston on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 01:51 pm:

Sorry for the repeated photos - not real easy to edit on this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Marston on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

The T is sold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration