Door Glass Seal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Door Glass Seal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

For a 26 coupe, was there any type of seal in the door that prevented water from running down the glass and going inside the door. I've looked at numerous venders catalogs and bon't really see anything that looked like it would work. Any suggestions would be grateful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/8020.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 03:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

Richard,
Most of the vendors 26-27 coupe door parts are wrong, or junk. The 26-27 coupe door is the same as the 28-29 model A pickup door. The vendor parts for the model A pickup door are much better quality and the right part. The 26-27 (and 28-29) window does use a lower rubber seal, it is held on the window glass chanel, the same chanel that the window regulator engages. The window chanel has a special pocket to hold the seal. I found that if you didnt install the seal when the glass was installed you are out of luck. I had the glass installed first so found out the hard way...ended up making sure the drain holes in the bottom of the door are clear and let gravity deal with any rain that gets in. To make a short story long, yes there is a lower window seal, and the correct seal and all the correct door parts are available in the model A parts suppliers catalogs, and stay away from the model T catalogs with regard to 26-27 coupe door parts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration