Speedster pics!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Speedster pics!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

I had a request for pics of my speedster. Here are some current views first. And then the fenders I'm adding. I've been trying to find a way to make them brass. Originally I wanted to have them made out of brass, but couldn't find anyone to do it.

So I got them made in steel, with the intention of having them brass plated. Haha, who knew what a fight that would be! It's really hard to find anyone to plate in brass for something that big, AND! You have to clear coat it afterwards. The only guy I found who I thought would do a good job, wanted $2,000 to plate them, and that didn't count having them clear coated.

So! My next thought is to have them chrome plated, much easier and cheaper, and then a candy brass powder coat. That's still what I think is going to work the best and be rough but look really good.

For now though! I'm gonna go WAYYYY cheaper and easier and test out some gold chrome vinyl. It looks awesome and will let me decide what I think and only spend about $100.

And here's what the gold chrome looks like

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

Wow Seth, the gold chrome makes it look totally different!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

Nice choice on the color Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

Cool pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 11:46 pm:

Lol thanks Jerry. The idea is to apply that to the fenders so they match the radiator.

Thanks Dallas, as Ralph Ricks used to say, YFAF - Yellow Fords are Faster!

And I think Richard has a yellow speedster too. All the best speedsters are yellow! Just ask #4, Mr. Archer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 08:18 am:

Very nice speedster thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 10:23 am:

If you are going to have the really shiny fenders you might consider bed liner on the inside to avoid zits.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

WOW!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Harris on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 09:21 am:

hey Seth like your speedster did you make the fenders or are they store bought if you could post some pictures of how you mounted them that would be great as I'm try to figure out what to do about fenders on my speedster build. thanks Ross from Canada

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 11:42 am:

Ross, try this link to his fender build
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/432032.html?1403482529

And that is one bad a$$ speedster he has :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

I like the speedster.Wish i could have a brass radiator but it is out of my price range.

Never heard of a Titan car before,looks neat.
I like that gold coating. Where did you get the brass strips you used on the cowl and around the base of the body. It is 68 bucks to get a brass strip like for a 14 firewall out of the catalog and it appears I need some for the firewall of the pickup project.I would rather find something cheaper of course :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Harris on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 07:04 pm:

Thanks Gary. Ross

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 07:58 pm:

Mack, the strip around the firewall has been on the car in every old picture I've ever seen. No clue where that came from. The wider strips on the bottom were also on the car, but the pieces wrapping around the back were missing. I found those at Grainger.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration