Choke System for Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Choke System for Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. S. Ananth - India on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 02:10 am:

We are restoring a 1927 Ford Model T Truck. We are looking for technical guidance regarding the choke system for this vehicle. Does it have a choke rod or choke cable? where is the choke knob fitted on the dashboard?

You may even reply to our email 'csa@teamcsa.in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 02:34 am:

A Model T Ford truck, or "TT" truck is identical to the standard passenger car Model T automobile from the cowl forward. Same choke rod and GAV adjustment, mounted on the cowl, just like on the Model T car models.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 03:06 am:

Hello C.S.,

The choke rod also serves as the mixture adjustment on the Holley carburettor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 11:15 am:

What about a Kingston L-4? Doesn't that count? Being that you have a '27, your truck probably had a vaporizer, or regenerator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

Here is how it is done on my '27 Holley Vaporizer.

Choke montage

From left to right:
  • Pull mixture knob for choke.
  • Tab on mixture rod pulls short linkage to choke.
  • Rod on upper front side bell crank goes to the front of the radiator.
  • Choke pull rod at the front of the car.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 11:35 am:

I sent a reply to Aananth via e-mail and got a response:

I am always amazed how we can touch people from around the world on this website.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 11:22 pm:

Thanks for that Terry!
It was good to see C.S.Ananth back here to ask another question.
He stopped in last year with a different question if I remember correctly.
I couldn't help this time as my vaporizer setup is a bit of a cobble-job with the choke.
Our friends in some places (for the model T world) often times need the help badly as it seems the model T is a real oddity in places like India.
Kind of like if I were to ask specifics (in the US) about a Fowler Showman's (UK steam) Engine.
Sid Khona is another T friend from India that's needed help.

You guys are the best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 09:30 am:

If you don't have the proper carburetor adjustment rod, pictured above, there are about seven different lengths of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 03:29 pm:

This is what it looks like on my early '27.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration