Rear Spring Bushing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Rear Spring Bushing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 09:15 am:

I left my little book at home, and I want to order new rear perch bushings for my 26 roadster. As I recall, visually they looked like brass, but everything I am seeing online this morning looks like rolled steel.

On Macís website it looks like part # T3844, on Langís part # 3844, is this the correct part??

Also does the Rear Leaf spring bushing driver tool help? Mac part # T3820/44T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 10:05 am:

Jason I am not a fan of the roller steel bushings. I've found the clearances between the ID and the shackles are too great and the IDs are not uniform. Besides, if your spring eyes are enlarged, which many are, the off the shelf bushings don't fit. On the early perches, they are brass not steel, as you observed. Consider making your own. I've used 660 bearing bronze or the tougher phosphor bronze, although if you go with the latter, you have to buy solid rods, rather than cored rounds.
The drivers are fine, but if you have a vise, just use that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration