Play time in school

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Play time in school
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 11:29 pm:

Not really, but because it's so much fun making stuff I call it play time.
Made my first mold this week and started pouring wax, i'm up to four, am hopping to have a doz made and ready for CI as are next pour is in three weeks. I you look at the pics you can et an idea what I did from the white plastic part.
Here I've started to remove the cardboard that I used to hold the silicone.
I've started to cut it apart to give the necessary amount of movement to get the pattern out.
Pattern is out.
Now full of wax.
after the wax has set and hardened I can take it out

I was very suprized at how much detail the silicone picks up.
Here is the picture of the brackets that were for sale that gave me the idea to make these. Thanks Terry the guy who bought them from Dave who had them for sale here, I was just too late seeing the ad, he helped with some of the dimentions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 11:35 pm:

Here is the next pattern, Thanks Tim Moore for the missing dimensions.
The second pic is of it mounted on my Fronty T head.
Only a small amount of tweaking will be needed to get these ready to cast in cast Iron in a couple of weeks.
I hope to have 5 or 6 done for Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Jerry,

Very nice. I'm glad I could help out. Can't wait to see the finished items.

Have a great weekend,
Terry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration