Removing Ruckstell P147 Notch Plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Removing Ruckstell P147 Notch Plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 12:36 am:

I am having trouble removing this Notch Plate:

I removed the bolts. Any advice?

Matthew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 10:25 am:

Set it on the housing end, allow the sliding clutch gear to slide down, put a piece of wood thru the shift lever opening, use an axle to tap it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 10:36 am:

What Mark says AND that's a good thing - it needs to be "snug" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 10:54 am:

Make sure it is coming out strait. It really binds if a little crooked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 08:28 pm:

Thanks for this post. I have a Ruckstell I am working on and find the plate is stuck. I was thinking about using something like an old broom handle through the end of the housing and tap it with hammer. Sounds like Mark has the same idea.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 12:29 am:

Thanks for the ideas I will use them! When I get back to the shop.

Did I miss it? Is this mentioned in the Ruckstell rebuild book?

Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 10:31 am:

Just did one of those. Measure from the shoulder to the housing face. The notch plate locking screws had at sometime come loose and took 80 thow from the shoulder. It looked ok at first glance because the notch plate is so hard it cut it like a lathe. Weld job and remachine thanks to KGB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 10:33 am:

Measurement is 5. Thanks Chaffins for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 02:14 am:

Thanks! I got it out using the wood block and dropping the shaft.

Thanks MTFCA!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration