Band linings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Band linings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Fitz-Gerald - Vermont on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 12:02 pm:

I need to reline a set of bands,so out to shed and found the 5 different brands of band. They are Wards, 2 containers of Text-ford, Improved Sandinavia Lining, and cookie tin full of different unknown linings. I am leaning toward the Sandinavia lining.
Fitz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 12:32 pm:

If cotton they may be OK depending on age. Over the decades it will deteriorate. Some don't believe this, but I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 12:33 pm:

I prefer & exclusively use the Scandinavia lining - even the Cantex brand prior to them shortening them to 22 & 1/2" and later they changed the weave pattern then they added the "tar" like substance.

Ward's brand seems to be quite thick compared to Ford or Scandinavia lining.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 12:37 pm:

I have a couple boxes of the "repop" Scandinavia's that are in pretty good shape, and I am planning on using one of them when I reline mine somewhere in the future. I also have a set of the Wards linings (in the blue can) that are in no shape to put in a car - they'd be good for patterns, but the material deterioration on them over the years is pretty severe.

Bottom line is to make sure whatever you use is good and solid, especially since one of those bands (unless you have aftermarket brakes) is what you're relying on to stop your car!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration