Old Photo Buscando a Pancho

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo Buscando a Pancho
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 12:44 pm:

After Pancho Villa's attack on Columbus NM, US troops under Black Jack Pershing chased him around the state of Chihuahua. US entry into WWI brought an end to the effort and Pershing was off to France.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 04:25 pm:

Note the handles on the side lights. Guess so they could be used as camp lights in tents and what not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

Where did you find that photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

So I'm guessing those trucks are early '15s ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 06:23 pm:

Could be later, the Columbus NM raid was March 9, 1916 ; Wilson sent Pershing on a "punitive" mission to capture and/or kill Villa on March 15, 1916. Pancho made a "Blackjack-ass" out of him. Great warmup for WWI, which everyone couldn't wait to get in on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 06:45 pm:

Steve, you have a funny way of saying "Op zoek naar Pantsjo." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 07:54 pm:

Didn't Pancho capture Pershing's troops, take their clothes and march them back across the boarder into the us nude?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

Steve - Somewhere I read that the title that you select when you start a new "thread" (....love that kinda' talk....) really should be an indication of what the thread is about, so that the reader can easily decide whether he or she wants to "click" on it or not.

When I read your title for this thread, I thought that maybe someone stole your raincoat! (:^) .....harold.....(:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

Lefty was a little late.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 11:07 pm:

I knew what it meant, and I don't even speak Spanish very well. I also knew it would be by Steve J, because I know he is fluent al Espanol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 11:24 pm:

I think those boys have nothing to worry about. There's not a Dodge Brothers touring in sight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 12:07 am:

I found the picture in a Facebook post. I don't know where it was before that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 03:35 am:

Doesn't really matter how round about it got here? It is a great photo, of a type of model T rarely seen.
Thank you Steve J, and all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 08:27 am:

If you're ever in Chihuahua, Mexico a museum has the Dodge car that he died in. We saw it there around 1982 when we went on a Copper Canyon train tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 08:41 am:

Interesting two piece firewall.
Appears to be a '15/'16 chassis "dash" with a surround attached with brackets. Essentially, a '13/'14 size firewall with spade mount side lamp brackets.

The side lamp spade mount and bracket appears just to the right of the lead car radiator cap. Looks like the next two field cars are set up the same way. Check out the "manual excavator" on the side of the bed of that early jeep! Neat photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 09:25 am:

Do my old eyes deceive me or is that square felloe (1917) Wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

The Copper Canyon tour is great. Part of the way up I sat on the front of the locomotive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 02:51 pm:

Rich Bingham, you may be right, After enlarging the pic, what I thought were fork mounted electric lights just are fender shadows on the lens rim and the rims look black instead of brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

A bit of thread drift here,
an 2 page article in the April 1916, The Automobile, about the Mexican campaign, tells of 54- 2 ton white trucks arriving on flat cars and then having the army bodies fitted on site.
Possible the T's the same?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration