Hood Boards

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Hood Boards
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 05:38 pm:

I am putting back together an original 1913 roadster, that sill has the original L & R hood boards. They both have a large B and a W on them, but someone must have had to go to the bathroom, and the W wound up on top, with the B on the bottom! Does anyone know what those two letters stand for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 08:43 pm:

Well, looks like "B" stands for "bottom" yuk, yuk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Larry:

Pure guess is that maybe they designate that they were for Wilson and Beaudette bodied cars since I think both were makers of bodies about that time. On Beaudette cars the body serial number's I have personally witnessed had rather wide letters that were not imprinted by numbers and letters that made sharp deep impressions but rather by a numbering set that made rather wide impressions and I am talking about like using a wide tipped marking device. The letters and numbers themselves were about 3/8 to 5/8 Tall. Can you post a picture of what you are seeing? I am interested in the markings.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration