Tire Chain Questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Tire Chain Questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nik Martin on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 09:36 pm:

Does anyone know what brand these chains are and how many were in a set per wheel? Also, I'd like to confirm that the 7 are T and the 5 are A. Thanks! I saw them and thought they were too neat to pass up. I think you could kiss your rim paint goodbye with these.

Chains 1
Chains 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 10:45 pm:

Don't know what brand but even back in the day most sets like above were meant as emergency chains not long use. Sorta like spare tires in modern cars. Try wire wheeling the working end and look see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 11:20 am:

Kinda like mud hooks.The part that clamps around the fellow would have had felt or leather inserts to protect the wheel like on these mud cleats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 01:51 pm:

Will venture a guess that the 7 are for wood wheels and installing one would let you know if 30x3 1/2 or 21" size.
The 5 are wire wheel type and would fit either 4.50-21 ( 1926-27 Model and 1928-29 Model A) OR 19" (1930-31 Model A)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Namdc3 on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

Thanks, guys. It will be around a bunch of other Ts Saturday and will see what fits what. Layden's probably on track.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration