Best source for TT rear tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Best source for TT rear tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

The tires for my REO speedwagon are the same as the crease of a TT. Where do you guys source yours from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

It depends on the wheels. The ones on my TT project are 6.00-20, which I believe are available from all the tire dealers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 11:22 pm:

I have been looking for a while, places like Summit and Simple Tire (among others) have free shipping which is nice, not sure if this applies with shipping outside of the US. I think all the options are made by either Coker or Lucas so not much choice in the end.

I have not ordered new tires yet because period 600 or 650-20 tires were not very aggressive. The Deka tires which I would run are ~$270 each. -There are plenty of good tractor tire options for ~$100 but they are not DOT approved and are only rated for 25mph (I can do 32 easy!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 11:25 pm:

Also check Miller Tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 01:20 am:

Rob, I had a REO Speedwagon, once and it had larger diameter tires than the 24-27 TT which used the equivalent of 6.00-20. I can't remember for sure but the size 33 X 5 is in my mind. I think it was the same size as the early TT's with pneumatic tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 01:22 am:

I'm sure they are available from numerous dealers, including some in the East, but Lucas Tire in CA., probably has them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 07:21 am:

Thanks guys! I gotta venture to the in-laws where it's kept and look. Terry has me thinking I could be wrong about the size!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 07:56 am:

With the slow speed of a TT and availabity of stock TT rims one might want to rethink tire size before buying?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 01:34 pm:

I think I would take my chances with the 100$ tractor front tires on the rear of a TT. Road gears in tractors are up to 30 mph these days. DOT approval doesn't mean squat at those speeds. Of course this is a functional solution not necessarily the most authentic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:00 pm:

Rob, I'm glad you posted this. I've been wanting to ask this question too.
I'm ready but haven't removed the split rings to see how bad the 20" rims are on the TT here.
Some warnings from old threads have me a bit spooked about ruining the rings when removing them.

Bud, would you elaborate a bit? I'd like to hear more of your thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

I have seen used [Dayton] truck rims reworked to use with a TT.TT's are usually very slow so if your rack/box/bed can sit a little high larger tires might do the trick? If your snap rings are in good shape as long as you break down both tire beads you should not damage them.A farm/equipment/truck tire shop should be able to provide what you need.New Dayton rims with snap rings [open center] can be bought but they are expensive.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:48 pm:

That does shed some light. Thank Bud!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration