Rear Door Wood for a 1923 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Rear Door Wood for a 1923 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 01:40 pm:

I am using the M. Miller plans that I purchased from Leon Parker. Plate #8 shows the rear door wood, but no picture of the corner block that I assume goes between the hinge post and the rear door sill at the lower aft location of the door. Does anyone have a picture of the rear door wood for a 1923 Touring.
Thank you, Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

This is a vendor catalog cut. I hope it helps.
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/door-wood-3817

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 04:49 pm:

Paul,

If you purchased a copy of Leon's wood plans, I'm certain they should have contained the drawings for all the wood parts used in all three doors. If your set is missing that for some reason -- I'm sure Leon can provide you a copy. His plans are similar to Mell Miller's plans -- they both show how to cut wood to fit the touring or roadster body etc. Leon's profile is located at: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=leon_parker-users

Note the 1915-1925 rear doors are basically the same (hinge changed late 1924, latches varied some over time etc.).

Also sometimes they will have a part drawn and say use the reverse image for the other side. Is it possible that piece of wood is shown on a different page?

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 05:03 pm:

Sounds like you are referring to the “rear door corner block” which is shown on Plates 1 & 4 as part of the left and right side views of the entire wood frame. There is a full size drawing of it on Plate 2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 03:43 pm:

Thanks, everybody. Thomas, I am looking for the corner block that is part of the rear door wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

Paul, if I remember I could take a couple pictures tonight. I think I have two 23 good doors sitting in my shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

Jason, that would help.
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:44 pm:

here you go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:58 pm:

Hi Jason,

Those do not look like Ford Model T doors to me. Sorry, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 12:10 am:

Not Ford but the little corner piece is similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 12:28 am:

sorry, I don't have much experience with touring's. They came with my roadster. Have any clue what they might be for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 01:09 am:

Hopefully this helps

Touring wood frame

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration