Stupid Patina :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Stupid Patina :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 12:40 am:

I already own like 3 of these copy's, but i can't help myself from buying them before someone throws them out, and they're gone for good. Damn you Henry Ford. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 02:44 am:

What book is that? I can't see for the patina!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 03:07 am:

That's a ripe one. I have some that are still green. Bo)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 05:01 am:

Get the hardback version, the pictures are great. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 07:55 am:

I have my reprint from the early seventies with the same "patina"......i.e. oil stains, grease stains and even a little blood.......

Dan, you mention a hardback version......is that a reprint or original Ford? I ask because the pictures in my reprint are a little "muddy".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 08:56 am:

Original Ford, Blue cover. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:19 am:

I started with a green one that fell out of the binding and I had it held together with rubber bands (this when I was a kid), I've had a couple black ones, one more green one (that also fell apart), and recently finally found my "holy grail" - original Ford issue, Blue hardbound cover that came out before the "improved cars".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 01:15 am:

I trimmed the binding/spine off and hole punched mine, put in a small ring binder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Susanne -- I bet you thought you had died and gone to heaven when you got an original Service Manual. The pictures are SO much clearer! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:13 am:

The photos are so bad in mine I had the crazy idea of reproducing all the scenes and submitting the photos, in B&W of course. Much of the info is wrong for our improved coupe though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:40 am:

Vern, the latest editions have a section on the improved models.

My "gripe" is the opposite. Since I have a reprint of the last edition, many details peculiar to the early pre-1921 cars are not covered. Right now, I'd like to see the manual section on the pre-1919 enclosed pinion bearing.

Does anyone know when the first comprehensive shop manual was compiled and published ? Was there a manual that covered the early cars ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration