Florida Flywheelers meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Florida Flywheelers meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 09:52 am:

Have any of you guys been to the Florida Flywheelers meet and flea market?? Just wondering if it's a worthwhile 100 mile trip from my park near Zephyrhils. Thanks : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:31 am:

I go every year and it is great. My grandkids loved it too. I bring one of my T's and participate in the car parade in the morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:31 am:

Iv been there a couple of times. Its big. Its draws a HUGE crowd! Just got to be careful not to get run over by a golf cart. One of the games I like to play is to take note of all the different cars in the parking lot are from. Very close to every state in the lower 48. They have some very nice running massive flywheel engines and I think some steam but cant remember on that one in the barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

I was more concerned about the flea market and the chances of finding any T parts as opposed to tractor stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 01:07 pm:

I have found some T stuff there over the years but there isn't that much and what there is seems to be overpriced. That said, I have gotten some early accessory items there at a decent price because no one knew what they were. There are a lot of make and break engine guys there with parts and they have an operating saw mill run by a steam traction engine across from Wild Willy's Used Up car lot. They also do a Model T put together twice a day just to mention a few of the attractions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

We heading out for the winter tour early so we can attend Flywheelers on Friday and Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 05:33 pm:

Thanks guys: Last question, is it worth going tomorrow (Wednesday) or should I wait till later in the week?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 06:41 pm:

Wait if you can. Friday and Saturday are the best days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 06:48 pm:

Thanks Val, we plan on going to Lakeland on Friday so I may skip the Flywheelers . Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 06:57 pm:

it is a great show. I have done it several times. the big engine in the barn is a natural gas powered "snow" it was made in buffalo ny. the show and flea market are a lot of fun. as will said, look out for the golf carts. my nephew got hit there a few years back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 08:20 pm:

We're at Flywheelers now & got here Sunday. Yesterday and today have been very active and one of the staff members said that this last show for the season is always the largest.

I walked the Swap Meet and saw a pretty nice '26 Tudor for sale and also a '22 TT with wooden cab and flatbed on it. Neither one had a price on it. I bought a NOS '26 - '27 right rear fender for a Coupe, or Roadster. There's no doubt it's NOS as it's virtually perfect in every way except for a small amount of shop wear.

If you can make it I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 07:42 am:

We are headed there today, have a golf cart rented for 3 days, sad part is if you do not have a golf cart you may get run over by one. We are staying only about 20 min. away at Pioneer Creek RV Resort. It will be hot outside today,just saying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 10:46 pm:

I'm kinda jealous. This show is on my to-do/bucket list.
A threshing/engine show buddy named Gale (Gail?) (RIP) used to get down to the Flywheelers grounds and he helped work on engine setups.
Smart fellow.
Golf carts and four wheelers are a bugger on all show grounds. Up here, they're getting a handle on it but it takes time.

How big is the Snow? 400 or a 600? Neat engines!
Was in a pumping station a bunch of years ago in PA that had 6 600? Snow engines.
It was warm! The flywheel gave off a breeze as I filmed.
The stack music of a Snow working is something to behold.
:-)

Would you post a pic or two of the Snow for me? Thank you. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

Duey C, go on you-tube and type in The "Snow" engine at Florida Flywheelers 2017 for a thirty minute video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

I made down yesterday for a few hours. Always fun. Looking for a tt trailer hitch just for fun an ran across some 5:16 gears in a pile of tractor parts. The last thing I thought I would find. That's how it goes. Things have a way of finding you when you don't expect it. Good times junk'n.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

Also, for you dirt trackers here are some motorcycle knobbys on wire wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 08:55 pm:

Hi Keith,
we have been to Flywheelers Park a couple of times.
It has always been fun.
I got my 11 T out the other day to get it ready for the Florida Tour. ( changing oil,lubricateing,
and tuning it up.
Mary and I are looking forward to seeing you and Carol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 11:40 pm:

Neat finds Tim!
That (bad knock) 400 snow is sweet! Thanks Robert!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration