Old Photo - Barre Steam Laundry C-cab

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Barre Steam Laundry C-cab
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 04:01 pm:

This is the great grandfather of a friend of mine. In Barre, VT. What year is the truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

Chris Great Photo?

Its a 1912

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 08:24 am:

Great photo Chris, thanks for posting.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 09:53 am:

That appears to be a real Ford! Great picture. Ask your friend for more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

Do I see Brown headlamps and E&J side lamps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 08:54 pm:

Yes, you do.
It seems that sort of mix of lamp brands on the same car was fairly common. I have noticed that on other period photos.

Also, not sure about the John Brown 19's, but the John Brown 16's come with doors that open right or left and they will often appear two rights, two lefts or one of each on a period car photo. Another mix or match of the same brand.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 06:46 pm:

Back then most everybody dressed like they were going to church, even the laundry man. and now a lot of people in church dress like they have been working on the farm, including the laundry man, And when the little Woman was not cleaning the House, tending to the kids or cooking, She did the laundry and ironing, "Good Ole Days" Depends who You ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 07:09 pm:

Standard of dress was the same. The difference was "work clothes" vs. Sunday best. Nowadays, seems most are wearing pajamas . . .

I'm not sure, but I think the "concept" of casual dress followed WWII, and "fatigues" vs. dress uniform. I remember my Dad would change into "suntans" to work around the place. Do clothes make the man ? To a degree. Personal pride in one's appearance rests in a better self image. Showing respect for one's community by dressing appropriately is a good thing IMHO, and something we've lost . . . to our detriment, it seems.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration