Golly...speedometers are sure expensive..,

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Golly...speedometers are sure expensive..,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-FORD-MODEL-T-STEWART-WARNER-SPEEDOMETER-N-10-W-TRIP -ORIG/372227517040?hash=item56aa7d2a70:g:SCcAAOSwnodai2Y5&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:00 pm:

Expensive? Wait till they buy the swivel! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

Oops...they fixed it...it was 4900.00 :0 but the seller fixed it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

Ok! :-) got it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:10 pm:

Yes, $4900 would be a bit high. But $49 is dirt cheap if the guts are good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 04:56 pm:

"The trip reset button/ dial barely moves. It feels like it needs some TLC (---) The trip numbers seems sun damaged" are hints to me it's likely full of swollen pot metal inside..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 05:51 pm:

Yes, according to what I've read from Russ Furstnow a lot of the most common speedometer heads were made with pot metal frames. While some are still good, I expect many are not.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration