OT - a Ford Model K coming along......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - a Ford Model K coming along......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

Getting close to re-assembly.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:33 pm:

WOW!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:51 pm:

I want a ride when it's done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 12:02 am:

I love to see progress!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 01:15 am:

Rob

It's interesting to note that the mount for the Holley magneto on your crankcase has four holes in the corners, and the adapter plate on your Holley magneto has two, one centered on each end (as does mine). When you briefly ran the Holley magneto, how was it mounted?

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 07:27 am:

Looking great Thanks for the update.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 08:25 am:

Gonna be purdy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 08:36 am:

Thanks guys. Steve, of course.....

Tim, we ran the Holley-Huff magneto for several thousand miles with good success. As you know from Dean's demonstrations of this unique magneto (really the first operational CDI), it was extremely hot!

I'm not sure why two different mounting plates were used on the cars with obviously the same mounting plate and motor pad. Below are a few pics of our mag on the K roadster, and our different mounting plates:

The Ford magneto was first used on the six cylinder racer, beginning in the winter of 1904-1905. LIke the racer, the magneto evolved to the one seen on our cars and on the last iteration of the six cylinder racer. Here Frank Kulick is seated on the racer, with the mag mounted at the rear of the engine, in front of him:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 08:59 am:

Rob

I shouldn't be asking questions at 1:00am, which is well after my brain has retired for the day.

After looking again at the magneto mounting pad on the crankcase I see now that there are only two holes. The other two holes closest to the crankcase are for the oil pan.

All is once again clear.

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 09:10 am:

I find even time of day doesn't necessarily lead to mental clarity for me.... :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration