MTFCA Site Key Word Search Engine Broken ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: MTFCA Site Key Word Search Engine Broken ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 09:18 am:

So is it just me or has the key word search engine given up the ghost here?? It's been month's since I've been able to get it to work and I was wondering is it me, or are others having the same issue??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 09:32 am:

Sounds like another good reason to use Google instead.

Just include mtfca in your Google search string, for example:

what oil mtfca

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Jay,

Your default is set to search ALL TOPICS? That has been the kiss of death on the forum search for the last decade and more!

It has a built in problem that it just hangs if the search yields too many topics. Need to search by year or do as others say using the browser search engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 09:44 am:

Mark, The Google search engine is hit or miss and will not compile EVERY keyword thread you request like the on-site search did. I would like to compile another Accessory Of the Day index to include those items not in the last list I compiled using the on board search engine.
Google WILL NOT compile this list of CLICKABLE links to accessories.

Here's the lists I am trying to update

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/accessory_index-613389.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/Index_part_2-613396.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 09:45 am:

Works fine for me. Have you cleaned out your cookies lately? You may have a corrupted cookie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 10:04 am:

G.R.

Alas but I have no cookies to Clear .....

I was hungry & ate them with Beer .....

Now Im feeling quite Woozy ....

Perhaps Ill sit in the Jacuzzi ....

How this will end is really not Clear ......

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 10:22 am:

THANKS G. R. that was the problem!!!! I went into Firefox to the cookie file and holy feces Batman there was a zillion to the square root of them from every place I have clicked thru. Amazing how many places slipped me a cookie without even a reach around. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration