OT just silliness

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT just silliness
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

At least a couple of folks who read this forum have seemed in tune with my notion that driving a Model T is much akin to a high lope on a good pony.

Recently we attended a "Wylie and the Wild West" concert, I really liked these lines from one of his songs:

When I'm ridin' I'm right I'm a happy cowpoke,
Wind in my face and my pony at a lope,
My reins are loose and my cinch is tight,
I'm on top of the world, when I'm ridin' I'm right !

I thought the tune should be adapted for the Model T lovers:

When I'm drivin' I'm right I'm a happy Ford man,
Cool breeze in my hair and hot oil in the pan,
The spark's advanced and my bands are tight,
I'm on top of he world when I'm drivin' I'm right !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

I like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

Very well done. Thanks for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

If I'd known that my car was going to inspire Grammy-winning songs, I've have charged you more for it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 07:11 pm:

As it turns out Gil, I reckon I DID buy it for a song ! ; )

(and I'm mighty grateful to you !)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

Neat one Rich! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration