Model T Museum is looking for items.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Model T Museum is looking for items.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Wiltshire on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 07:36 am:

The Model T Museum in Richmond Indiana is growing by the day. It is growing into a world class museum that all enthusiasts will want to visit.

As you know the Antique Garage was finished & opened last year. An antique machine shop is now under construction to add to the Antique garage.

It is intended that both the garage & machine shop are not just displays but are used to maintain the museum cars & hold seminars with hands on experience.

We are looking for donations of machines & equipment for the Machine Shop. We will have to be selective in accepting items so as to make sure donated items will be used.

We are currently looking for a KR Wilson Combination Machine. I know that's a big wish but if you don't ask you don't know. If you know of one or have one that could be donated please contact me Tony Wiltshire or Jerry Kramer.

Thanks for all the support that you have all given the Model T Museum.

Tony Wiltshire
Advisory Board Director

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 08:54 am:

If you do make a donation of tools or parts to the MTFCA Museum - I will transport those items for free to Indiana.

( Subject to schedule & availability )

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Wiltshire on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 09:00 am:

Thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:04 am:

Tony,

I think they should have a room in the annex for you to stay.

You spend a helluva lot of time there doing good things.

I guess Jerry & Kim & Cosmos escaped for a few weeks to go on the Florida tour ...... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:29 am:

Tony- who is the contact person to discuss donations with? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Wiltshire on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:09 pm:

Dan I just sent you an email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 01:12 pm:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

Tony -- One of our Arkansas Tin Lizzies club members has a complete KRW Combo Machine which he is willing to donate. I can deliver it when I drive to Homecoming in July. Email me at waterwalk999@gmail.com and we'll work out the details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 07:45 pm:

Hey Mike,

That is just great news !

See you at Homecoming ..... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 08:27 pm:

Mike, That's wonderful news!!! Many thanks to both you and your friend for this. :-) :-) :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 08:42 pm:

BOY, TALK ABOUT GETTING THINGS DONE, THE T AUTOMOBILES BRING OUT THE BEST IN EVERY ONE.GOOD GOING.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 08:35 am:

Bill & Nellie Howell
whh@whhnhh.com

We have the complete combination machine to donate to the museum.

Real busy the next couple of days but will get pictures soon.

ModelT-Tips.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 09:08 am:

Thank you Bill & Nellie !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 08:04 am:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 06:22 pm:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

I picked up the KRW Combination Machine today from Bill Howell, and it's now at my shop here in Fayetteville. Jeff Daron will pick it up here after Chickasha on his way home to Indy, then deliver it to the Museum. :-)

(Message edited by coupelet on March 13, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 02:54 am:

Thanks so much to Bill, Mike and Jeff! This is going to be a fantastic addition to the Museum's Vintage Garage machine shop! There are already plans for a seminar using the KRW.

Please know you are all appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 05:48 am:

Yes, thank you all so much!!!!!

Thankfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 10:35 am:

Susan -- You're going to like this machine. It's in great shape and has several boxes of complementary parts. It's as complete a machine as you could hope for. (All but an instruction book.) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

Totally Awesome!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

I was a halfway pickup point for a whole truck load of engine rebuilding equipment that was donated to the museum about 15 years ago. . Is that still there, or gone like so many other museum donations?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 09:07 pm:

Mike, Jeff and Bill. Thank you so much for helping get this to us. I know it will be put to good use. Tim, I would like to know what items you are referring to. We have a good assortment of rebuilding equipment and to my knowledge none of it has left us. If you get to the museum, let me know and I will come in. Many of the donated items were not tagged when given and we would like to know where they came from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

It was crates of tooling to rebuild engines, donated from past president Richard Oswald. Jay and Barbara picked it up at my home about 15 years ago. Filled up the back of their pickup truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 09:33 am:

Here's an update on the status of the KRW Combination Machine. Jeff Daron and his brother and son or nephew stopped by my shop last evening on their way home from Chickasha. They cleared a space for the machine in the middle of their trailer, and I used my excavator and a heavy nylon strap to pluck the machine from the bed of my pickup and set it gently onto their trailer. It was dark by then, but they were parked under a conveniently-placed street light so we could see quite well. They spent the next hour wrapping it up and strapping it down, and packing all of the accessory parts which went with it and lots of their swap meet treasures all around it. They left hear after 8:30 headed north, still not having had dinner and needing to fill up with gas, planning to find a hotel room somewhere on I-44 in Missouri. They should be home to Indiana sometime today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 10:25 am:

This thread is useless without pictures.
Ok somewhat useless without pictures.
Ok great thread but pictures would be nice.

OK Someone please post pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:22 am:

Here are some pictures of the tool at our shop. Not much detail but at least it shows the amount of stuff that is heading to the Museum.

KR Wilson Combination Tool 01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:23 am:

KR Wilson Combination Tool 02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:24 am:

KR Wilson Combination Tool 03

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:24 am:

KR Wilson Combination Tool 04

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:25 am:

KR Wilson Combination Tool 05

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:29 am:

KR Wilson Combination Tool 06

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:30 am:

KR Wilson Combination Tool 07

That is all of the pictures that I have or the tool and other items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joss sanderson on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 05:07 pm:

Thanks to everyone for you support of the museum. Incredible machine. We are becoming a World class museum.
Hope to see you in Richmond this July and in Sierra Vista next February for the convention and tour.
Joss Sanderson
North American Touring Ts
Museum Advisory Board Director

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:06 pm:

Bright and early this morning, Tony Wiltshire arrived at the Museum with the KRW Combination Machine donated by Bill & Nellie Howell!

The Museum is honored to receive this piece of equipment. It is an outstanding addition to the Vintage Garage Machine Shop, not only for display purposes but it will be put into use for demonstrations and seminars.

Thank you also to Mike Walker and Jeff Daron and family for helping with the transport.

See Tony and Jerry Kramer unloading the KRW this morning. Thanks to all! We hope to be able to schedule a seminar this summer. Will keep you posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 09:07 am:

Thank you to the Howell's for the generous donation.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

Bill & Nellie Howell ..

Mike & Jeff ....

Tony & Jerry ......

Thanks !

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration