Ford Motor Co. Film about Eureka Springs AR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ford Motor Co. Film about Eureka Springs AR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 10:29 am:

Here's a link to a silent film made in the 1920s, by the Ford Motor Company, about Eureka Springs, Arkansas. A few Model Ts are shown driving down the mountain roads, about half way through the film.

https://www.facebook.com/EurekaSpringsHistoricalMuseum/videos/1126435700753284/? multi_permalinks=2047426828863192&notif_id=1519313006355197&notif_t=group_highli ghts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

Thanks for posting. I have been to Eureka Springs many times ... I love the old films ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 03:33 pm:

Great old film, just think the upbeat Scott Joplin Rags were a little too much. But that's just me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

The Model T clubs in this area (AR, MO, and OK) often have tours in Eureka Springs. It's a very special place. All through the spring, summer, and fall there is some sort of car club event taking place every weekend. Model T's, Model A's, VW's, Corvettes, Mustangs, Miatas, and Porsches, just to name a few.

I never heard of the Crescent College, but it must have been near the Crescent Hotel, which goes to the top of the "highest hill in Eureka," as mentioned in the video. The Crescent Hotel is 9 stories tall and every floor is at ground level!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:48 pm:

The Crescent was converted to a women's college after its first run as a hotel failed, then it was a cancer "hospital", then in one form or another made an attempt at becoming a hotel again over the next several decades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 09:08 am:

Thanks for that info, Walter.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration