26/27 Sedan inside door locks finished

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 26/27 Sedan inside door locks finished
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer -- Saginaw, MI on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:23 am:

Back several months ago Bob McFadden asked if I could reproduce a missing inside door lock for his sedan having seen one I had posted here years back. To try and complete the lock I wanted to get the proper screw used also along with nickel plating the others at the same time. The screw used was an 8-32 oval headed nickel plated screw. Bob then sent pictures he found online which also showed there was a small escutcheon placed under the lock arm.

door lock

So the only way to complete the project now was to make up a die to stamp out the escutcheon from scratch along with cutting the slot so it would fit over the lock's door shaft.

door lock

Since I don't think there's a market for many of these this will be a one time batch. These are nickel plated brass.

This is what the lock assembled look like as finished to the best of my ability. Haven't come with total or a price for the separate pieces over a three piece set yet. Bob
door lock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:27 am:

Beautiful work Bob!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

I have never seen this type of door lock. My 27 Tudor lock is part of the latch that comes up thru the sill. One direction opens the door the other locks it. When was it used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Did the 24-25 closed cars have the same handle as the above? The one in my 24 coupe looks almost the same if not identical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

My '25 Tudor had that same lever lock !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer -- Saginaw, MI on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 06:42 pm:

What I would like to be sure is the total length of the 8/32 used? I know it's less then an inch as I originally have purchased and I can cut to the correct size after the plating just don't want it to bottoming out in the shaft or have it too short either. So if I can get a little help with some of you that have original sets and can give me the length used it would be sure help. Bobdoor lock

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration