OT - Update on the Model K Roadster restoration. Beginning pin striping:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Update on the Model K Roadster restoration. Beginning pin striping:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:24 am:

Peter and the folks at Fawcett Restoration are moving along. We hope to be ready for the HCCA B&BC Tour in mid May.

The front fenders needed repair and some metal replacement:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:57 am:

Geeze that is nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

Do you have to make those ball bearing cups?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Anderson on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

That's Beautiful!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 02:53 pm:

Very nice indeed. Are you nervous about driving that over the gravel roads on your property as you posted before on previous videos or? Very nice paint and metal work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 03:21 pm:

Dang !! It's just too durned party. lol. Amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 03:23 pm:

Craftsmen at work. Great looking car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

That's the only way to stripe !! Simply beautiful, and a joy to watch the progress ! Thanks for keeping abreast of this Rob !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

Gorgeous Rob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 07:38 pm:

That's just beautiful! You obviously have the right guys on the job. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 09:18 pm:

That is just the way a T spoke should the striped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 08:14 am:

Your car is going to be absolutely fabulous! I'll be on that tour and sure hope these guys have it ready for you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 08:50 am:

Hello Rob:
Looking great....I can't wait to see it with the top. I saw the Porter K at Piquette....you guys set a high standard.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 09:35 am:

Thanks guys.

Steve - The races are all good and Dean Yoder had replaced the ball bearings. I believe one outer or inner set of ball bearings were replaced again.

Ed - they're made to drive..... I know there will be chips and scratches that happen. The next owner will have to decide when to do a refresh. I'll be as careful as possible, but we know that how it goes.

We're setting this up to drive, even adding an overdrive. The Roadster cruised comfortable at 40-45, so now should do the same at 50+mph. We're also adding a top and will have side curtains and windscreen so it's more all-weather. Peter is balancing the engine, and it was already smooth running, so should be even more so.

If things work out as planned, there could be three Model K on the B&BC tour in May.

This Model K was the pilot car on an endurance run out of Chicago in the fall of 1907. The bags were filled with red confetti to mark the route for the following cars:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:24 am:

Rob didn't tell you that we had to look all over Dean's workshop floor when the ball bearings fell out the the tray they were in. But we found them all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:33 am:

What kind of sealer and primer were used on those wheels? They look great, smooth as glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:52 pm:

A thing of beauty----

Thank you for sharing the journey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:31 am:

One of the things I appreciate is that by your posting these progress reports you give me encouragement to keep hammering away at my project. Thank you, Rob, and I hope to see 3 of these at BBC! Cheers, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 02:29 pm:

Rob, My wife was admiring the new red paint job in your photos. She suggested that you name the car, "Cherries Jubilee".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 03:51 pm:

While it does look just that delicious, I certainly hope Rob never experiences the "flambé" finishing touch of "cherries jubilee" !! ; )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 05:23 pm:

This is going to be one really beautiful Model K when it's done!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

Is that GM Corvette red?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:06 pm:

Dave, 40 lashes for you. Scott Owens

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration