on E-Bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: on E-Bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:32 am:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162901084015?rmvSB=true

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273075525967?rmvSB=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:57 am:

and another .....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1915-Ford-Model-T/302645911953?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%2 6algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D49923%26meid%3D633048efb65346579ab2e4bf7f26573b %26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D273075525967%26itm%3D3026 45911953&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 12:53 pm:

They are beautiful. No way the first two are getting out what they have invested. Love the third.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

Unfortunately, both of the '11s (tourabout and torpedo roadster) are made-up cars, home-made bodies, and not even remotely correctly done. Either of these could be a fun and enjoyable car! But don't be suckered by the cute looks. Real brass era they are not.
Now, that '15 looks like it could be a wonderful car! You can't always tell from a few pictures. However, from what I can see (a few details I like to see are not shown), it appears to be a genuine real mid '15, in nearly original condition (I suspect it has had some restoration done years ago?). I do not know the car, or have any known connection to the seller. But I think the "Buy it Now" is a fair price.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like cars like the first two. They can be a lot of fun for a few dollars. I just don't like such cars being misrepresented as real early cars (and to be fair, these listings are not too bad that way). Cars like these are not worth the money of even a half-way real one. And unsuspecting people all too often get suckered into paying way too much for them. Even well done cars using later chassis and repro parts are better than either of these two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 06:47 pm:

I am selling the third and it is just as it looks, a mostly untouched 1915 with untouched upholstery, drive-line and motor. It needs some tightening up with new gaskets at the exhaust and intake manifolds but when she runs - she runs well! Good compression and nice idle. I am hoping that someone will give it a new good home. I am simply out of space, money and time.

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 07:38 pm:

James C, I did not know that was your car! I really wish I was in a position to buy a few things I would like. I would put that car near the top of my list!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Rodell, Jr. on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

The description for the 1915 says it is ready to drive. Has the driveshaft been installed after the pictures were taken?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 10:34 pm:

Wayne,
Thanks, yes the car needs a little bit of buttoning up to start more reliably. I had it running recently after adding a rebuilt NH carburetor and it may have some air leaks around the intake, but once I got it started it ran well. I have videos of it running on youtube.com, type in "Model T Chochole 1" and its there.

I have no clue why Mr. Rodell made his driveshaft comment since the driveshaft has been there most likely since 1915. Unless the pic has an optical illusion. I wouldn't say "ready to drive" unless I meant it.

Anyway,the car is mostly unmolested and in 1915 stock shape. Looks like it has a black-wash of paint over the original but the car is complete with both metal pans under the seats and all.

It is also on eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1915-Ford-Model-T/302645911953?hash=item46771a2191:g:tZ oAAOSwf~JajHCT&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:25 pm:

Here is the picture in the add, looks like a drive shaft to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Rodell, Jr. on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:42 am:

Sorry, my mistake. An optical illusion for me in the picture showing the rear axle with the tailpipe covering the driveshaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes.

I call it an optical delusion.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration