"lets see what happens"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: "lets see what happens"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:36 am:

Already met Marv (Janette) Konrad and Dave (Karen) Stubenvoll through the FORUM 2017, two guys that have turned out to be two good friends and I know there are more !!! Not intended to be a "Guy's Club", the ladies are more than welcome to join in. I thought we could meet/know each other before possibly starting a local chapter. We know there is alotta interest/desire/enthusiasm in the hobby, now just try to find them !!! Mention this posting to a friend and respond to a email/phone no. liveryone@gmail.com OR 920-757-5529 (near, around, vicinity of the Fox Valley Appleton WI area)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 06:37 am:

When I first got into old cars, it was with a Model A. There was a local AACA club, which we joined, but no MAFCA or MARC, except for 100 miles away. We met those guys and considered joining. Their meetings were on a weeknight. I got off work early to go. I called the president to tell him I was coming, but that my wife could not get off work early and wouldn't be able to make it. He told me "Oh, you dont understand. We don't go to their garden club meetings and they don't come to our car club meetings." WHAT A TURN OFF! WHAT A JERK! My wife is in the shop nearly every time I am. She gets greasy. She pays extra to get her nails done with something that is much tougher than the ordinary nail polish and dont come off if she handles a rag with solvent. As a matter fact, i had to work one Saturday and my teenage son needed help with his truck. Some friends came over and were talking to him, when she comes rolling out from under the truck on a creeper. They are astonished and questioning whether they had been using any shop language before they knew she was there. And shes not welcome at the MAFCA meeting? Needless to say, we didnt join.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

Hi John,

Do you know of the "Dairyland Tin Lizzies"? We are a very active club with members in your area and have events that tend to be just south of you. Most driving events are in the area between Milwaukee and Appleton WI. We would love to have you join us!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration