WTB: Jern Cast Aluminum Valve Cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: WTB: Jern Cast Aluminum Valve Cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 03:16 pm:

Want to buy a Neal Jern Chevrolet cast aluminum valve cover for a motel t overhead conversion. Does anyone one know who took over Neal's business and how to get ahold of them?

thnx

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 03:58 pm:

I think the whole business fell by the way side at least the Thunderbolt stuff. Don't know what happened but the guy that was going to take over, nothing. The web page is gone and as far as I have seen the remaining stock was liquidated just after just after Jern's death. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 04:08 pm:

Give Gene French a call, he knows who is making the plate now. Not sure of the valve cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:29 am:

I talked with Neals wife tonight and sadly no one stepped up to keep the business afloat. She sold the machine shop and patterns to someone in Oregon and she did not think they were doing anything with the business. the fact that the business stopped when Neal died has made her quite sad.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:32 pm:

Did she give you the persons name that bought the patterns? Not asking that it be posted here, but maybe you could contact them and see what the plans are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 02:32 pm:

So buy the patterns and plans and start supplying the hobby. Simple easy solution!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

Les,

Like I really need another career. I finally was put out to pasture Jan 1, still trying to figure out how to retire and get things done.

So far all I have done is to take stuff apart. Hoping to turn the corner and start reassembly.

I do have the number and name and will contact the guy to see whats happening

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration