Top for 23 roadster install help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Top for 23 roadster install help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

Bought new top irons, bows and material all from Langs. The wood bows are "pre-trimmed" to fit in the sockets; however the front bow will definitely need to be cut and shortened to allow the windshield brackets to fall into the correct place. Does anyone have experience with these kits and had to do the same thing? Or have you had to shorten any of the other bows?

Trimming the bows down isn't a big deal; just my initial thought is that if someone went through the trouble to "tenon" the bow ends to fit in the sockets, it would've been to the correct length.

Any other help, suggestions, advice for the upcoming install would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

I think with a search of Youtube you can find the Classtique top installation videos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:36 am:

I recently did a Touring top and the bows were all the correct length. There were three different lengths, all marked as to their position.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration