I think I will play the Lotto today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: I think I will play the Lotto today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 10:20 am:

While working on my 40 Chevy today I dropped a socket and it fell to the middle of the truck and rolled out the front!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:04 am:

I agree, was there a hole in the floor? He, he.
take it when you get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:34 am:

I'm sorry, that it just not possible. As a professional technician, I have long known about the physical law called "Tool Centrix". "Any tool or part you drop will bounce or roll to the center of the vehicle". What you are claiming defies the laws of physics. It just can't happen! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Its a chevy. They start rusting from t he factory. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:51 pm:

A friend in Highschool drove a early 1960's Chevy Stationwagon with a straight 6 and Three on the column. You could open the hood and see more ground than engine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

There is also the forth dimension, where tools and parts disappear into, and only reappear when, either you have given up looking for them, the project is finished with replacement parts, or you got another tool to finish! Parts and tools can actually be transported to other buildings nearby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 02:14 pm:

I tend to dabble with all kinds of mechanical things. Cars, Trucks, Hit & Miss engines. Even had a small steam engine once. Been sorry I let that one go. Here's my 1940 Chevy truck. Its a work in progress but Im making head way. And the floors are solid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

Its a Chebbie ? And you are in Florida ? And the floors are still solid ?

Yes indeed Will, you should buy a lotto ticket !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 08:38 pm:

ITS good to know someone besides myself has this happen, I have a bench I bought from a Ford garage that closed,its the 0ne they used to change u joints, the vise is set over so the drive shaft would rest on the other end of the bench,in line with the vice.never got to move the vice over so the handle would have room to spin and not pinch the fingers, while working at this bench, [cant count the times this happens] a small part jumps from m fingers hits the toe of my shoe and zap to the back wall,now this lower shelf on this bench is about four inch's off the floor,the top is loaded like any well used shop bench and the shelf is overloaded of coarse. some of those parts are not easy to replace,and are brass so the magnet is no use.I devised a L shaped bar that works [[some times] frustrating ?? youbetcha! one day we had to pull this ##$$%%@*^bench out, I was working on a 57 Pontiac fuely,and the fitting I droped was a very special one of a kind, after quite some time fishing, we unloaded this here bench, I could not believe where this fitting landed,this bench has four legs, the fitting was behind the leg nearest the wall,[did I mention this bench is in a corner?]never would have got it out with the hook.needless to say there is now a hunk of steel blocking that stinking slot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 10:27 pm:

I was cleaning some bolts 1 day and they were not run of the mill bolts. I needed all of them. The wire wheel on the bench grinder caught 1 and slung it under the building I was working beside of.
after alot of looking i decided to try something. I got some old 5/16ths nuts that were no good and stood in the same place and held them at the same angle as I was holding the bolts except I "fed" the brush a couple of the nuts and watched where they went. The second 1 landed right beside the screw I lost. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:37 am:

Mack, that is innovative! Anything that I drop or sling off a wire wheel (and they're always irreplaceable) seems to vanish into a space-time continuum. Of course, my shop has no square corners and is full of boxes and parts.

I'm still looking for the little spring that popped out of an antique kerosene can spout.........

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration