Removing Chimney Cap on JNO W. Brown Model 110

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Removing Chimney Cap on JNO W. Brown Model 110
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Hi Guys,

I've googled and found nothing on removing and replacing the chimney cap on JNO W. Brown Model 110. Anyone know the secret, I don't want to damage the one on the light. I would like to remove and take out the dents and re-install it.

Thanks

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

Hello Joe:
If the stamped cap is fatally damaged, then peel the top stamped brass layer off, to expose the soldered support tabs. if not, then get a friend to torch heat 2 of the supports, while you heat the other 2, and the top can be lifted straight up to remove. The supports have bent tabs that will release when the solder is heated. PM me if this is not clear.
Regards,
Scott

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration