Rear end troubles (not me,the car)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Rear end troubles (not me,the car)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Braddock - SW Kansas on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 10:13 pm:

Am assembling the drive train on the 26 RPU project and
in process of shortening the shaft and tube to accommodate the cast iron Warford. Came time to see what the diff looked like inside and discovered the ring gear and pinion were both badly pitted and worn sharp. I want to go with a 10 tooth pinion running the 40 tooth for a 4:1. If I read the charts right that should give me a 2:93 overall in OD. Problem is I don't see sets available with the 10-40 combination, at least not in LANGS. Any ideas? Anyone out there have some serviceable spares?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

Take a look at Chaffin's catalogue, pages 25 & 26.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 12:48 am:

I often see the 10 pin pinion gears at swap meets so they are readily available. I have one in the Town Car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

Mark Auto that makes the 40 tooth crown wheels only sells them in sets with a 11 tooth pinion, so if you want 10:40 you'll have to buy a 11:40 set plus an additional 10 tooth pinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

Yes, check Chaffin's. I'm running that gear set up with a KC Warford in my 27 Tudor. I really like it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration