Gas Headlamp tubing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Gas Headlamp tubing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

Does anyone know what diameter the red rubber gas tubing is and where you can buy it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 02:57 pm:

Hello:
It's .50 OD. Langs, Chaffins, Snyders and likely available through McMaster, Grainger, etc.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

Thanks, Scott!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 03:34 pm:

Bill,

The tubing is 1/2" OD. It has to slide through the 1/2" hole in the splash shield next to the running board and the 1/2" holes on each side of the radiator. The red gas tubing the vendors sell installs easy enough through the holes.

I have used the red rubber hose that Lang's sells for that purpose and it is supposed to "look" correct but it lacks the layered tubing construction of the original. It is more of a foam type tubing and I am watching to see how it lasts. I have had some on my '14 for about 2-1/2 years and it still seems OK.

Also, I have used the red acetylene hose that can be bought at any welding supply house. The Lang's tubing slides on the 1/4" brass rear gas line, radiator and headlight fittings easier because it is softer.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

I have had the stuff Langs sells on one of my cars for more years than I care to remember and it has held up well but I don't think I actually got it from Langs. I use the old red hose from my torch set up for the rest of my cars that I save when replacing the hose for welding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

I found some at a local farm supply store locally. Looks really good like original but I had to clean off the writing on the hose with thinner. 39 cents per foot!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration