Plastic tack strips 1913 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Plastic tack strips 1913 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 05:31 pm:

Well, I have been waiting since the middle of November for tack strips. I ordered them on the 21st and so far I am not even on the production schedule. Plus phone or emails are not answered for days, even weeks I am wondering what others think of the plastic strips that can be ordered from the main parts catalogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 06:41 pm:

I used pvc plastic and cut and bent my own for part of the bows. I have seen posts of others doing the same with the seat rails.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

James, Thanks butI do not have the tools or knowledge to make my own but how did the pvc work as a seat rail and tack strip?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 08:25 pm:

Robert
On a Ď13 I would stick with the wood ones as they add a lot of strength that is needed in that area on the early bodies.
I have used plastic ones on the latter bodies where there is additional steel in that area and the strips are only needed to tack into

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 08:37 pm:

I used the plastic tack strip on my 14 Touring. The rear strip did not hold up too well. I asked Ray Wells to fix it. The plastic on the front seat still seems to be alright.
I guess the plastic holds up when treated gently but not with two grandsons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 09:53 pm:

Hello Robert I have a wood product that I use all the time I buy it in bulk and then cut it up and sell it as tack strip it is 100% wood you can contact me at 206 915-7946 thanks again Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

Which tack strips? I believe you can get the wood ones for seat upholstery from Jonathan Anderson. That's where I got the new ones for my 1915 runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:35 pm:

I found a couple of places that offer wood tack strips for seats but they only start at 1914. ours is a 13. William, I have not seen my strips in a while but they are thicker than the pictures shows I am sure. Steve, I am looking for Jonathan. Thanks everyone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 08:21 am:

Hello Robert Iím just showing you that this wood Can be been in any direction I make them to Any thickness You want thanks again Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Jon Anderson make real wood ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:05 am:

I was given the front seat assembly for a 1919/21 touring when I pulled it apart, the tack strip had a "L" shaped piece of steel along the outside. The upholstery had never been off the body. I wonder how early this was used as it would add a lot of strength to the back and how many are missing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

Mark
Precisely the point I was trying to make!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 08:11 pm:

Jon Anderson email: jpautowood@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 08:18 pm:

Les I missed that point, it would be interesting to know when the piece was added.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:48 pm:

Thanks to all that added to this discussion. I love reading this forum. Youinfo. guys are great sources of info.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration