Need an Education

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Need an Education
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

What exactly is an air friction carburetor, why is it called air friction, how do they work/differ from other carbs and, do they offer any performance/mileage advantage?

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

Older post on the Air Friction brand carb.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/117865.html?1261676994

The above has link to patent so you can learn all you need :-)

Seems adv. is usual marketing claims..faster..smoother..more miles and smiles :-)

You see lots of them at swaps, this is my wall hanger. Looks impressive on the little T intake!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/447939.html?1401191298

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

Gentlemen: Thank you, but, do you/have you run one on your T? If so, any difference in performance or mileage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 07:17 pm:

I was wondering the same thing. In other words are they any good? I think most T's use the old NH for the most part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick W. Emerich on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 01:21 am:

I ran one for 35 years on my 14. It always ran great. Lots of miles with no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 05:07 pm:

Thanks, Patrick.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration