Old Photo-Train hit Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo-Train hit Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

1915 with bulb horn, running board tool box and Hartford friction shocks, like new and all dolled up for a short dance with the train!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 02:24 am:

Wow! That is one bright, shiny, new, mess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long Western Australia on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 03:38 am:

Learner Driver who may have underestimated the stopping distance or tried to beat the train at the crossing..
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 04:05 am:

One can certainly wonder about these looks into the past. I have read many tales from so long ago, of new drivers fully expecting the new car to warn them of danger just like ol' Dobbin did. Reports of out-control drivers running through the neighbor's fence hollering "WHOA" all the way. Many people simply did not expect a car going 20 mph to get there so much faster than the old horse did at 10 mph. Dangers came up fast, and many people were not ready for the responsibility.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 07:29 am:

Still ain't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 08:46 am:

That's one tuff Ford...The train is completely gone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:07 am:

I'm a Freight you're on the right track Denny. Thanks for Expressing yourself. [Bo)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:26 am:

Those top boots really do work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:35 am:

That is a good example of a '15 top boot (cover). It is the last year Ford used that style of boot. In 1916 they went to the slip on style, with no flap or common sense fasteners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:40 am:

Rules for traffic hierarchy:
Trains aren't afraid of trucks
Trucks aren't afraid of cars
Cars aren't afraid of motorbikes, bicycles or pedestrians!
Picking a target above your weight class is never a good idea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:34 am:

As bad as the Ford is, it doesn't look bad enough to have been hit by a train.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:44 am:

When I first saw the post of getting hit by a train I wondered how fast the train was going. To me it looks like it was pushed out of the right away instead of being hit by a moving train.

Whatever hit it wasn't moving very fast and it was probably walking speed at best. Maybe it was just clipped?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 01:46 pm:

Maybe it was nudged by an inter-urban trolley?
It looks like it was hit on the left side and the little "cow catcher" those trains had lifted it up enough that the spokes weren't snapped on that side from being pushed sideways, like the right side ones were.
That tool box must hold some good quality tools as it looks like it kept the driver's side "door" from taking more damage from the collision!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 01:52 pm:

Yeah, my cowl lamp doors pop open at the slightest bump just like that touring..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

We shall rebuild !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

Dale W, Those were my thoughts also when I first looked it over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

I'll bet it was fixed. It's new and looks worse than it is.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration