Install instructions for robe rail 1912

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Install instructions for robe rail 1912
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

I have the rail how I have the correct location
Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

Perfect timing, Colin! I`ve got the robe rail for my 1912 and ready to mount---Thanks for posting---paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 07:53 pm:

I had the same thought when I saw it in the 1912 ford times. Kind of a yahoo moment. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

Thanks! I am ready to start on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

For what it's worth, my wooden strips weren't where they were supposed to be.
If that happens to you, you can use metal certs to install a metal threaded collar in the hole and then screw in a machine screw to hold that part of the robe rail (sounds more difficult than it is!). I ended up doing that on all 4 holes of the robe rail. It's been 14 years and it's still holding fine (even tho some people think it's a "hand rail" to help them get up!).
Found at better hardware stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:59 pm:

Today I untacked the top of the front seat, all original never been apart, and marked the wood structure. With our body, the instructions are correct, the most important one being floor to rail height. On our body,centering the rail hits the wood perfect. The rail I have is original from another T so I'm guessing the wide should be correct.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration