Fender modification for pickup bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fender modification for pickup bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

I remember someone ask about how I was cutting and re welding the fenders on the pickup project. Someone mentioned back in October that I could cut a roadster fender and make it into a pickup or hack fender.so I tried it.
I just took a few pics that the person that ask about it could reference them.
these are the 2 fenders I am using.

These are the left over pieces in the first couple pics.

This is the right fender,it is NOT done by any means, the gap in the metal on the back of the fender will be filled in with a small peice of sheet metal and welded up and alot of grinding to be done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 09:01 pm:

I meant to add the small section of metal you see on the inner fender near the running board is what is the metal you see on the outside edge of the fender.I left it on the piece I cut out to use to have something to weld the back to when tacking together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 03:12 am:

Mack, I always knew you had the miracle worker in you! Beautiful work, and a wonderful job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 04:36 am:

Thanks Mack, great 'tutorial'
Leo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 04:58 am:

Looking good!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration