FJ - 40 year old National Cash Register Collection Of (24) Machines Needs New Home - Model 311 & 313 & 317

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: FJ - 40 year old National Cash Register Collection Of (24) Machines Needs New Home - Model 311 & 313 & 317
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:49 pm:

Today I met a very nice gentleman who is navigating his mortality and managing an illness with dignity and clarity.

Part of his collection are (24) Model 311 - 313 - 317 National Cash Registers that his Father began collecting (40) years ago and he has added to over the years.

These are from around 1910.

Several have been professionally restored by Frank King of Oklahoma City, OK who had a long and celebrated tenure at Tinker Air Force Base during WW2.

To be sold as a complete collection only - please contact me for more information.

Thanks !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

Very cool! I would love the Excuse My Dust tag. I very much enjoyed that book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:33 pm:

Yeah - ironic because he was apologizing for the dusty condition of the registers ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:59 pm:

Fiddlesticks, I don't seed diddly-squat for dust. That's clean compared to a couple areas of mine that I'm working on. :-)
FJ, I hope you can help find the gentleman a caretaker for his interesting collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 03:20 am:

Hi Jim,

The title of this thread captured my attention as I was a cash register technician in a previous life.

I haven't worked on many 300 class registers, probably less than a handful. (NCR called them by Class and not Model and the digits after the class number denote various features of that individual machine.) I have repaired many 100 class which are mechanically the same.

I noticed two 1000 class machines against the wall in your first picture. Are they included with the 300 class registers or are they being sold separately? No, I have no interest in them, just asking for clarity.

That is an impressive collection of what is essentially all the same machine; sorta, kinda, like having two dozen 1914 Model Ts with different accessories and colors but, Really, all the same car.

"Which one to buy? Hmmm. What, I have to buy ALL of them?!?!"

"Oh. Well, um, er, ah, I see. Okay. Thank you. Bye."

I have a hunch that it will be Singular Person with deep enough pockets and Most Importantly enough shelf space to hold an instant collection of 24 of the same cash register. I am NOT trying to be Johnny Rain Cloud, but suggesting that the seller consider letting them go in smaller quantities. I know, I know, a lot more work, but he may get to see them go to new homes in a timely fashion rather than Much Time passing waiting for a sale of ALL of them. While that time passes the current owner may himself pass and then the executors could be interested in the current price of scrap brass. Just sayin'. Be well my friend, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:11 am:

Bill,

Good to hear from you !

He is selling the complete collection together - same gentleman who has the 1913 Touring T that I posted a thread on late last night over in the Classifieds.

He has limited time remaining due to an illness - he is wanting to pass on his collection(s) now so his Wife will not be burdened.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:01 am:

Don't mean to be morbid but if he doesn't break it down she will later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:25 pm:

I have to agree that they would move faster as an individual unit or in a small groupe. That many at one time may take a long while that could run into not getting sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:32 pm:

Charlie & John,

Duly noted.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Nobody has asked the BIG question yet - how much?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

Terry,

If someone is familiar with these - they will know what the value of the collection is.

I did not ask because it is not relevant to me - I am not a prospective Buyer.

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration