Gray and Davis Starter-Generator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Gray and Davis Starter-Generator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 12:33 am:

I bought one but it isnt complete......who has one on their car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 12:56 am:

We used to have a Grey Davis here in Califunny... He got fired for running up massive debt!! That's when we got Zee Gubernator! Ever since, it's been pronounced Calee-for-neea!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 02:19 am:

Yes Kevin, and after Zee Gubernator we got Moonbeam Brown, looking ahead it is more of the same. It is all 6% down hill now, with no outside brakes, just waiting for the pinion key to shear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:52 am:

Hi Gary. There is a 1916 1920 ? Gray & Davis Automobile Starting Lighting Brochure Manual on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1916-1920-Gray-Davis-Automobile-Starting-Lighting-Brochu re-Manual-wt8675-/370977021997
It seems reasonably priced. I also have one I could copy information from for you.
Best of luck.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

DOUSE YOURS LOOK LIKE THIS.CHARLEY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 01:55 pm:

Are there any links to older posts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 04:44 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/412642.html?1389066633

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/165624.html?1287454779

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 11:21 pm:

I bet Jay has one....how can I contact him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 11:26 pm:

You could try sending him a PM

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/844620.html?1520289151

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 02:32 am:

Jerry Reed has one, lives in Turlock, CA....does anyone know him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 02:33 am:

Jerry Reed has one....does anyone know him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

I talked to him and he sold it, he wish he hadnít.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 07:56 am:

still dont know witch one you have??? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 10:35 pm:

Gary,
Show us a photo of what you have, or, tell us what model you have by reading the brass plate attached to the unit. Gray and Davis made at least three different two unit systems with a starter and a generator. They also made a single unit system with a combination starter/generator. What do you have?
The photos that Charley shows appears to be parts of the single unit system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 12:51 am:

I couldnít get the picture to upload.....what is everyoneís favorite resizer.......the last one I used to use on here doesnít work anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 01:01 am:

G and D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 01:02 am:

Voila....I did it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 01:04 am:

I have the main unit only.....no chain guard, no chain, no switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 10:25 pm:

Gary,
Yours is one of the double unit systems, which is quite different than Charley's.
I have the illustrated parts manual for yours, if that would help. Send a PM with your email address if you want me to send the scanned pages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

There are 3 models for the Model T I am told.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Found this on EBay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 11:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 11:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 11:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 11:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 11:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

I canít find the email from the man who said he could copy a brochure for my unit......What is your name?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 09:39 am:

Gary, I believe it was Richard Eagle who made that offer. You can send him a PM with your e-mail info via the forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 06:38 am:

Mine was a 2 unit setup. I think this may be who you are thinking of (above):
By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 10:25 pm:
"Gary,
Yours is one of the double unit systems.......
I have the illustrated parts manual for yours, if that would help. Send a PM with your email address if you want me to send the scanned pages."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 06:46 am:

Mine was the two unit system I believe this is the fellow you are thinking of (above):
By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 10:25 pm:
"Gary,
Yours is one of the double unit systems......
I have the illustrated parts manual for yours, if that would help. Send a PM with your email address if you want me to send the scanned pages."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 06:53 am:

For those of us that double post, I did check twice before posting the second time and it was not there. The 8 minute difference shows a delay.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 09:33 pm:

Hi Richard.....I sent you a PM.....did you get it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

Hi Gary. I did get your PM and responded a few minutes ago.
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration