1915 Runabout question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1915 Runabout question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

A fifth grader once asked me how to spell fitna, as in "I'm fitna go shoppin'." Well, at long last I'm fitna put the correct tail light and bracket on my runabout. I wonder if somebody who has one can tell me how far from the corner the bracket is mounted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

Ron Patterson can answer your question, Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 02:10 pm:

Horizontally it is centered on the rear body sill.
Vertically: 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 05:24 pm:

The '15 body I reconstructed still had what appeared to be an original steel bracket inside that corner. It extended just far enough to catch the tail-lamp bracket's one hole closest to the corner. I drilled the hole for that bolt from the hole in the bracket. The second hole in the tail-lamp bracket when bolted to the first hole provided the placement for the second hole in the body.

Maybe yours has such a bracket inside?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 10:04 pm:

There's nothing inside mine but wood, so 2" it will be. Thanx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 10:36 pm:

Umm, that's 2-9/16" to the edge of the forging if you look at Ron's tape measure Steve. :-)
Just givin' ya a hard time. :-)
Fast journey forward 2 years into July of 1917 with me: A no-name bodied, Milwaukee assembled Runabout shows 2-3/8".
Similar to Ron's photo.
I sure ain't got no "fitnas" but I understand fixin' to go to the grocery or some-such... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 10:30 am:

Duey -- I guess those Kansas folks can't pronounce "fixin'" properly.

That's no surprise, they can't even pronounce "Arkansas." :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration