Useless 100 year old Model T Trivia and Coincidences

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Useless 100 year old Model T Trivia and Coincidences
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

I bought my 1918 Model T touring when I was 14 on August 5, 1963, 5 days after Henry Ford's 100th birthday. It was also my future wife's 10th birthday (I did not know her). The engine was cast February 28, 1918 and it shows a build date of March 2nd, which is my son's birthday. When I bought the car it was a 45 year old antique, and I have now had it 55 years. I guess that pretty well dates me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

Interesting connections.
It can, however, be a bit disconcerting to realize the car you once bought as an "antique" has been in your possession longer than it was in the original owner's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

I bought my 1930 Plymouth from the original owner in 1962 and I still have it so I have now owned it 24 years longer than the original owner. My 1910 T was restored in 1950 when it was 40 years old so it has been restored for 27 years longer than it was original. I got that T in 1973 so I guess I have also owned it longer than the original owner. Unfortunately, all this just means I am getting old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 07:18 am:

I bought the 56 Ford convertible that I am currently restoring when it was 18 years old,I have had it for 44 years. In my defense for not restoring it before now, I have restored a lot of Fords (including T's) and Mercs during this period. When I bought the farm I went on a buying spree, buying a lot of Ford and Mercs for future restorations. The 56 was one of them. This was before the old car hobby really hit and you could buy them cheap. The 56 was a running driving car, I drove it home from Vermont. I paid 450 dollars for it, sold all the hot rod crap on it and ended up with 50 dollars in it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration