Outer Dust Cap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Outer Dust Cap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Lautzenheiser on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

I am having a difficult time installing the outer dust cap on my front hubs. Is there a secret to doing so?Dust Cap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 04:40 pm:

If it's damaged, you can acquire new ones at "Big L".
https://www.modeltford.com/item/2886.aspx
Welcome to the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

Bump. :-)
In the "industry" I'm involved with we have a piece of tubing machined to fit the cap and bead or find a piece of tubing (pipe) close enough to fit the bead, weld a piece of flat across the top for a handle and a hitting surface and drive the hub caps on with a hammer.
Never had the privilege to do it on a T so perhaps there's way more wisdom out there. :-)
Like Vern says; welcome! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration