Stake-Bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Stake-Bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant J Barlow on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

Anybody know what type of wood (Oak, Fir, Yellow Pine, etc) was used for the bed in stake bed trucks? I need to make a bed and sides for my truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:45 pm:

Usually oak or other hard wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:08 pm:

Pine! I recently had to disassemble a TT grain bed that had been damaged beyond repair. It was pine, not hard pine, just soft pine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

My 8in1 bed is all pine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:42 pm:

Roadster pickups used Southern Yellow Pine. I would think that a TT would be the same. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant J Barlow on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:24 pm:

Thank you for your input

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

Grant, Ive restored several TT stake beds and have kept a real nice original PINE board for a pattern. They were 7 wide and 1 1/4 thick. Then routed for the metal strips to fit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 03:57 pm:

I think the beds were made out of recycled shipping crates..............

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration