Used Wheel Spokes Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Used Wheel Spokes Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry in KCMO on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 05:36 pm:

Does anyone have any used wheel spokes for a small drum rear wheel that they would like to sale.

As you can see in pictures I have a small problem! If you guys are like me you never throw T stuff out. I need to get the car level. I want to put rollers under the wheels so I can move it to the garage and get it out of the weather.

Wheel is 30 x 3.5. Tenons need to be 1/2"

Let me know how much. I can pay ypu thru paypal

I can pick these up if your in the Kansas City area.

Thanks Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

Prepare to get scolded for even asking about used spokes. I can probably guess who will cast the first stone. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

Maybe someone in the area can loan you a wheel to get it inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:08 pm:

You could also cut out a thick plywood disk it it's only going to be used to push the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TIMOTHY SHAWN ELDER on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

I have one you can have for free, up in Omaha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

I too was thinking about a multilayer plywood disk. Could also make a triangle that mounts to the hub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers / Kunkletown, Pa on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

Terry, I have some of them you pay the freight and I will send them your way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:13 pm:

The plywood disc is a great idea. A long-time good friend of mine did that on a 1912 Oakland touring car he bought in order to move it and trailer it home. Worked great! I went by and saw the car in his garage with the plywood wheel still on it. If I recall correctly, he doubled the discs one inside and one outside the felloe and hub because it was a large car, but I think it was only 1/2 inch (maybe even 3/8) plywood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:26 pm:

Been there done that.
plywood wheel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry in KCMO on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 11:56 am:

Glenn, PM sent.

Thanks guys for the great ideas and offers. I kinda like the Plywood suggestions Reminds me of "The Flintstones" Great memories.

Yabba Dabba Do!!!

Terry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration