Hooked another youngin!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Hooked another youngin!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

54 degrees today so I asked the misses if she wanted to take the T to town for a supper. Only one place in town so off we went. About 1/2 way into supper several people were taking photos with their phones of the T parked out front. A lady came in and asked who owned the old truck. She asked if her son could take photos for his project and I said take as many as he wanted and I would answer any questions he had. They had been driving around town taking photos for his project. It took us about 20 minutes to finish supper and he was still shooting film.

We went out and answered the normal questions such as the crank,how fast is it,wood wheels,ect...
The young man was 16 or 17 years old and said " between this and a corvette, I choose this". I wanted to high five him but didn't. He asked how it rode and I told him better than a vette in my opinion.
The misses was in a hurry to get home or I would have taken him for a ride.
Well as much of a hurry as you can be in a T. He was still shooting video as we drove off.
Made my day as well as a 10 year old that made about 4 trips outside to ask who owned that cool old car. He left the table again to see us fire up and head out.

As the old saying goes if you change it a bit " you meet the nicest people in a T"

Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:47 pm:

Too bad you couldn't hand them a card with MTFCA on it or at least a copy of one of the magazines.

This gives me an idea. I should keep copies of the Vintage Ford in my cars to give to any kid that seems as interested as your visitors were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Good idea Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:25 pm:

I always carry a few of these cards in my T for situations like this. Credit Steve Jelf for posting the idea on the forum a few years ago. I print them on Avery #8871 inkjet business card sheets.

card

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Matthiesen on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:43 pm:

We really need a "LIKE" button on posts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Cwynar, Hell on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:16 pm:

I think it would be cool to make wooden nickels to give out with the same info as that card.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 09:36 pm:

Good on ya Dallas!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

Matt, if you're serious about the wooden nickels it looks like you can get them made for fifteen cents a piece on an order of a thousand.

https://www.4imprint.ca/product/C102235/Wooden-Nickel

They may be available for less elsewhere, I didn't bother shopping around. 4imprint will also sell them for half that price if you order enough but I doubt anyone could give away 100,000 of the things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 10:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 12:04 am:

Could you imagine one of Burger's diatribes about spoiling another youth's mind with notions of model T's instead of...
He'd love it and thank you for doing so!
" you meet the nicest people in a T"
Man, you ain't foolin'. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 06:37 am:

Excellent Dallas. We always let kids, and sometimes adults also sit in them and take their pictures if they want. You never know what seeds you sow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 08:07 am:

Wooden Nickels.

If we put together a GROUP buy, IF we could get 50 of us to purchase 1,000 each, that would make the price $80 apiece.

For all the fun it would be to give them out to people with the MTFCA info on them, I'm in for $80/1000. IF we could get more people, the less it would cost per 1,000.

Cheers,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio in TN on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 01:05 pm:

Terry,

Might I suggest you design the actual round image so anyone interested could see what the final product would look like. The cost of 12.5 cents each is well worth it in my opinion.

I would be interested in being part of this effort but lack the skill to develop the design.

Have a great day,
Dom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 01:19 pm:

I never go anywhere in the "T" if I'm in a hurry! Too many questions to answer even to get gas... do you have to put in any additives?, How fast will it go? Do you have to use the crank out front to start it? (best Yul Brynner voice) Etcetra, Etcetra, Etcetra,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 03:46 pm:

Dominic,

Great suggestion. I must be a lot like you, my artistic abilities are limited to using a ruler and pencil to draw a straight line.

I will do some research on these and see what kind of design I can do and that they can print.

Hope you guys don't mind crayon drawings. Do you think they could get crayons on a wooden nickel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:02 pm:

I can't speak for him but perhaps the forum artist Rich Eagle would be willing to help with the design.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

I hit post too soon. I will go in for $160. I'll keep 1 group and donate 1 group to the museum store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

Terry,
Count me in with Denny's suggestion- $160 total.
1000 for me, 1000 for the museum if I understand correctly. (I can be persuaded a little either way, depending on how many people are interested!).
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:26 pm:

Do we have room using both sides (?) to do something along the lines of Brian's cards. A picture, line drawing, or silhouette of a Model T would be nice, if possible. I have no idea what's involved.
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Cwynar, Hell on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

I will try and put together a image tomorrow. And see what everyone thinks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

From the above web site, the price is for ONE side printing in ONE color. The opposite side may be printed for an additional charge in ONE color.

This limits us somewhat, at least from that supplier. I believe, this supplier will want lettering or a line drawing. As opposed to a "photo" or painting.

I'll keep looking.

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

For those interested, the above site, 4imprint seems to be the best priced and highest rated of all the ones I've found thus far.

Check out the potential imprinting logo art types, on their web site, for ideas we could possibly use in our design.

There will be a one time set up fee and most likely shipping charges, but they still have the best price on large amounts.

I'll do more research on suppliers. I would love to see some designs.

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

UPDATE

Use this link to the USA web site. The above link is for the Canadian web site and is priced in Canadian Dollars.

WEB SITE:

https://www.4imprint.com/search/custom%20wooden%20nickels

The prices are better. To see a pricing per type of imprint, CLICK on the nickel photo and you will get a pricing page.

Lots of options.

Cheers,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

What I've learned so far: We can get ONE side printed with our design. This could be a single sided piece or a double sided with our design on one side and their stock design on the other side. We can choose which of their designs we want on the opposite side. We also have choice of Red, Black, or Green UNLESS we choose to go to the plastic nickels. Then there are more options. The plastic choices are on the bottom of the last web link site.

I was thinking about MTFCA on the top line. A silhouette of a Model T in the middle. MTFCA web site address on the bottom line. Just a thought.

Terry the slow learner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:06 am:

I'm from the old school wooden nickel club not plastic nickel. Perhaps you should start a separate thread so we stop high jacking poor Dallas's thread but put a reference to this thread so no information is lost.

By the way Dallas thanks for taking time with the youngin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:29 am:

No problem. I like where this is going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Cwynar, Hell on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:52 am:

To continue the Wooden nickel discussion I started a new thread http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/822076/843140.html?1520000301

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christian Yara on Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 12:41 am:

Wow he is young.
Im 28 and people always asking
"What is a young guy doing with a model t"
I rather be on my model t then a corvette.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration