Brass era non Ford lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Brass era non Ford lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 01:42 pm:

I can across a pair of Gray & Davis Cadillac electric lights while picking up some T pieces. I think they are likely off a 1914 Cadillac?

He wants $190.00 US for them. Would they be worth picking up at that price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:37 pm:

Aren't those cowl lights? The headlights did not have side lenses, and were much larger. IMHO....Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

Thank you Gary. Yes. I do believe they are cowl lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:57 pm:

Andrew, The HCCA classified would be a good place to look and see a possible value on these lights. I know there are Gray & Davis headlights currently for sale there. Didn't see any cowl lights but $190 seems to be reasonable for these lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 05:33 pm:

I do believe that Gary H is correct about these being Cadillac cowl lamps. I don't believe they are very rare. It seems a lot of these lamps were kept by people when they junked the old Caddy way back when. Finding a '12 to '14 Cadillac owner that doesn't have a set already could be difficult. If I recall correctly, I think those may be the early electric side lamps, used only for a year or two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 06:03 pm:

I have seen a number of them at swap meets. While the brass is beautiful they were painted black with the contrasting nickel originally.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

They are probably 1913. If I could see the way they mount I could tell for sure. Definitely not 14

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration