Is the jack handle bent?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Is the jack handle bent?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

This was at the scrap yard this morning. Is the dog leg bend in the handle factory or a modification

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 06:02 pm:

The handles on both of mine are straight, but a curved one should work just as well. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 06:47 pm:

I didn't those T jacks were tough enough to bend the handle! Must have trying to jack up something MUCH heavier than a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 07:06 pm:

I have seen many of them bent, put it in a press, and eye ball it. It will be good as new.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 07:52 pm:

Thanks for the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

The handle is longer than the jack. I suspect that someone wanted it to lay flat when stored, so bent the handle.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 12:30 am:

I have one that looks just like this

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration