The Classic Auto Show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: The Classic Auto Show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

The Long Beach Model T Club has 10 cars participating in the Classic Auto Show this weekend March 2-4 at the Los Angeles Convention Center South Hall. Over 1000 cars, stock to wild, and everything in between including several of our non-shiny, unpolished, everyday tour drivers. Entertainment and celebrity car-guy interviews throughout the show. Go to http://www.theclassicautoshow.com/ for hours and info / tickets and come visit us in booth 2501. Buy tickets online and save $5 and enter promo code CLUB to save another $5.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:18 am:

Here are a few shots of the set up today:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:25 am:

That is a great display and a fantastic way to promote the hobby. I really like the #51 gow job roadster and the metal racer with the wire wheels. Can you tell us more about those?
Have a great weekend and enjoy the show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

Was hoping to some pics of Martynn Vowell car, but because of rain and no top he may pass. Bummer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:17 pm:

George, look again at Picture #3. That's it. I bet you're looking at these on a little phone screen. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:34 pm:

Don't miss the Famous Ed Winfield #1 Racer with the two / down engine that is on display there. I believe Lou Raulings has this car now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:42 pm:

That silver speedster is a neat looking little thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

By golly yer right Steve !!! Had to remember his spotlight and lack of top. I see he got the back upholstered. Looking good Mart !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 03:29 pm:

Yep, I'm there, and notice how Jodi is dressed? In her long coat, under that is two sweaters too, myself I had just shucked my sweater, drovers coat, and hat...it was cold when we started out (46, I know that's shirt sleeve weather for most of you guys, but to us that's cold), but by the time we got there the sun was out and it was pretty comfortable in there...it was a fun drive too...I think next I'll try Solvang or something that should be a real fun drive. :-)

Steve, I've got more than just the one tail light down by the license plate, I've got two after market's that hang off my rear top saddle irons as well...I was setting the car up for turn signals before I pulled the engine a year or two ago, just haven't found one of those blasted round 2-it's yet...those and top would be nice to find this summer.

I'm not worried about driving at night really, the thing that is troubling is the chance of rain. I know my car is water proof (vinyl upholstery withstands water better than that cloth I had) and with my drovers coat, wide brim leather hat and glubbies, I'll be pretty much waterproof too. It's just that I've ridden in the rain on motor cycles and it's no fun...in a Model T, I imagine it'll be no better. :-(

The show starts at noon today...from 9:00 am to noon the press gets in, after they leave the general admission starts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 12:04 pm:

Today is the last day of the show. I'll try to get some more photos & post later. We have two other cars displayed this year and have been having a lot of fun. We're taking my dad "Fast Frank" today to see his old car buddies :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 01:13 am:

We wrapped up the second annual Classic Auto Show in the L.A. Convention Center. It was a great time! Fast Frank got to meet my friend and the event host Mike Brewer of the TV show Wheeler Dealers. Here they are with my wife Cindy.

FMB

I'll post more photos later... very tired after the three full days :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 01:36 am:

The two up / two down Ed Winfield car:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

A few more photos from the event:
pete
Pete Wright & Cindy Harris by the 1915 REO Speedwagon

Jeff
Jeff Hood by his truck

John
John Craig by his truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 12:36 pm:

Another shot of Martin Vowell by his car:
M

Tim O'Gorman's '22 Touring... with other members standing in for Tim :-)
tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 12:44 pm:

Tom Leroux's Racer:
t

Martin Vowell's engine:
m

Other display photos:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 01:51 pm:

The cars that Cindy & I displayed were her 1959 Nash Metropolitan:

And our 1972 DeTomaso Pantera:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 06:33 pm:

A few more shots of some of the very special vehicles at the show:
Chip Foose
Chip Foose's latest

wayne
Wayne Carini's Speedster

Dave
Dave Knidig's Lincoln

v
A 1940's VW Bug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 04:19 am:

I would love to hear that 2up-2down Winfield engine run. That car was on a TV show a few years ago, I think it was at a vintage race somewhere in CA? They were going to run it, but the Warford transmission gave out. Don't know why, they didn't explain what happened. This is the first time I have even seen pictures of it since then. Thanks Bill, it's nice to see some faces with the names! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 11:27 am:

Not just a 40's VW bug. A Type 11 KDF wagen and possibly a 46 (would be the last year) according to the tag. Rare ride

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

Ya Bill, That was a great idea of having the guys in front of their cars. There was another second floor under the main floor full of cars and a few vendors along with a restoration demonstration stage. This year the show had just about doubled in size.
Thanks for posting!

David, That #1 T tranny is really something. There is only a clutch pedal connected on the left side to the stock alum hogshead, the other two have been blanked off. It'd be real interesting to see inside and how the clutch setup works.

Hopefully we'll get another invite back again next year and be able to stay on the main floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

Thanks Bill, Frank looks great, Regards to him. Great shot of Martynn and his Purple Headed Flyer. See he has a new hat too lol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

George, that's my winter hat...it was cold driving in and cold going home too.

Bill I didn't know you took a picture of my engine, thanks...it was a real attention getter the moment I opened the hood. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 01:32 pm:

So was it that purple head that caused you to have to fight all those young girls asking so many questions? That was the first time I had seen one of those flat mounted disys.

Glad to hear you made it home in the dark Sunday night. hee hee

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration